Our pumps are sized to have the best performance.
The perfect sizing was done after the analysis of a million dozed processes data tag and efficency evaluation. You can see the result of our efforts with the surface plot at the right.
In our systems we found the best combination between Process Pressure, CO2 Flow / Extractor Volume ratio and Efficiency of the process. So for each extractor volume we used the most efficient pump, keeping in mind an optimum process pressure. In fact, for our volumes, the best CO2 pump flows are:
- Basket of 5 L = Flow of 25 kg/h
- Basket of 10 L = Flow of 50 kg/h
- Basket of 20 L = Flow of 100 kg/h
- Basket of 100 L = Flow of 500 kg/h
- Basket of 200 L = Flow of 1000 kg/h
- Basket of 500 L = Flow of 2500 kg/h
Although the CO2 flow/extractor volume ratio is not a scientific parameter to evaluate the
extraction kinetic of chemical compounds (we use kg CO2/kg Raw material or, for specific compound, its real solubility per kg CO2 flowed), is anyway considered good enough for the initial sizing.